Mediation Services for Intellectual Property Disputes
- Business Transaction Disputes
- IP Disputes (Patents, Trademarks, Trade Secrets, Copyrights, etc.)
- Employment Contract Disputes
- IP Contract Disputes
- Other Business Disputes
Mediation is a form of dispute resolution where the parties negotiate with each other with the assistance of a neutral third party, where a neutral intervener helps the parties to develop resolutions that are acceptable to them.
- Resolving disputes through mediation can save time and money.
- Statistics indicate that 95% of cases end in a pretrial settlement, so they should be settled as early as possible.
- Mediation gives the parties control over both the process and the outcome of the dispute.
- Mediation can give the parties confidentiality and preserve their future relationship.
WJC LEGAL draws on both its commercial and legal experience to assist the parties in resolving disputes expeditiously and cost effectively, while helping them to salvage valuable business relationships.
- Facilitate the Mediation Process
- Self-Determination: Provides confidential forum where parties resolve their own disputes
- Impartiality: Conduct the Mediation in an impartial manner
- Competence: Mediation of commercial disputes by a trained attorney-mediator
- Confidentiality: Maintain the reasonable expectation of the parties with regard to confidentiality
- Quality of Process: Conduct the mediation fairly, diligently, and in a manner consistent with the principle of self-determination by the parties
- Timeliness: Conduct the mediation in a timely fashion, allowing for a speedy resolution of a dispute
- Business Contracts Lending Themselves to Mediation: Licensing agreements for patents, trade secrets, technological know-how and trademarks; Franchises; Supply contracts; Distribution contracts; Joint ventures; Research and development agreements; Technology-related employment contracts; Purchase and sale agreements involving IP assets; …and so on…